- Save time and money by labeling/coding your rooms with a furniture layout and attach to your entrance doorway with removable masking tape.
- Pack all non-breakable items yourself.
- Pack smaller, light cartons into large cartons to consolidate. Call or visit our website for your free packing instructions.
- Remove and pack all contents from drawers of your desks, end tables and night tables. Andrews can provide recycled wardrobe cartons on the day of the move for your packing convenience.
- All mattresses will be placed in heavy gauge polybags by your move crew.
- Remove all cartons/items from over garage, crawl spaces and exterior storage buildings and place in a centralized staging area.
- Sort all perishables, flammables, acids, poisons, yard chemicals, cleaning solutions (bleach) and propane tanks. Please be cautious not to pack any of these items to be transported by mover. Most communities offer services for disposal of such items.
- Disconnect your own audio wiring system cables, DVD players, consoles, TVs, personal computers and any other electronic equipment. Don’t forget to code your wires/outlets on any electric equipment.
- Take a photo of the back of your electronics before disassembly for easy identification.
- We suggest you move lamp/shades, wall hangings and small pictures prior to, or during the move.
- Movers will protect your door frames and railings, but if you anticipate any clearance problems, please remove obstacles in advance.
- Any hardware, extension cords, pieces and parts should be placed in a plastic bag and labeled for safe keeping (particularly bookcase shelf clips).
- All bed framing will be disassembled and assembled by the mover unless you prefer to do it yourself. However, if you disassemble yourself, the mover cannot reassemble.
- To avoid delays on your relocation day, consult your mover coordinator about any servicing assistance you may require for the following items: washer/electric dryer, gas dryer, icemaker, grandfather clock, large TV, exercise equipment, hot tub, piano, and outdoor play equipment. Andrews can recommend qualified service technicians.
- You can leave soft clothing and linens in dresser drawers if recommended by estimator.
- 2 drawer filing cabinets do not need to be emptied – but 4 drawer or lateral cabinets must be emptied.
- Please have refrigerators clean and empty on moving day.
- Keep main passageways clear for easy movement.
- WINTER WEATHER: Arrange for walkways and driveways to be shoveled and/or plowed for safe access to our van before your move crew arrives.
- Advise your move crew in advance if there are any changes in volume from the original estimate. Surprise increases in volume equal increased costs to you.
We want you to feel confident about employing Andrews Moving & Storage. These suggestions, along with informational points, will give you the opportunity to make your relocation as economical as possible.
For more tips on saving money, please contact your move consultant or message us below!